Additional Department Information
- AP CHEM Lab (for High School students)
- DeLaMare Library
- Course Placement and Advising
- Chemistry Resources
- Friends & Alumni
- Research Lab Safety
- UNR Chemistry Wiki page (local access only)
- Departmental Intranet (local access only)
- Faculty Intranet (authorized access only)
The department offers courses leading to two undergraduate degrees, the special named degree “Bachelor of Science in Chemistry” and a regular “Bachelor of Science” degree. Minors in chemistry are also available. Please continue to the Degrees page for more details.
For all students:
Undergraduate students who need advising for Chemistry programs should contact:
Current Chemistry Majors:
- Chemistry Majors: Professor Sarah Cummings, Chemistry Major Advisor (Room 123 Chemistry Building, 775-682-6457, sacunr.edu)
New Chemistry Majors:
- Mandatory academic advising for incoming freshman Chemistry majors
- Advising Summary for New Chemistry Majors (PDF)
Depending upon their mathematics preparation, Freshman chemistry majors should take CHEM 201 (preferable) or CHEM 121 (acceptable). Additional information is available on the course advising page and in the Chemistry Major’s Handbook
- Fill out the Chemistry Minor Application and turn it into the Department Office (Room 213 Chemistry Building, 775-784-6041)
Transfer Courses and Special Cases:
- For transfer course approvals, course substitutions, or waivers: Professor Kent Ervin, Director of Undergraduate Studies (Room 115 Chemistry Building, 775-784-6676, ervinunr.edu)
Or contact the department office (CB 213, 775-784-6041).
Advisement forms can be downloaded from the Undergraduate Forms page.
Chemistry course descriptions from the University of Nevada, Reno Catalog.
Cross-reference of old and new course numbers effective Summer 2003.
There are two categories of Chemistry Scholarships: (1) Those administered through the University of Nevada, Reno Financial Aid Office and (2) those administered through the Chemistry Department. Please continue to the Scholarships page for more details.